What Is Advocacy?
PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. Founded over 100 years ago, PTA has a long, successful history of influencing federal policy to promote the education, health, and well-being of all children.
In the context of PTA, advocacy is supporting and speaking up for children - in schools, in communities, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
Ways HDE PTA Members Can Advocate:
- Get involved with the HDE PTA and share your voice.
- Stay informed and support the North Carolina PTA's advocacy priorities and advocacy efforts.
- Sign up for action alerts via the National PTA Takes Action Network.
- Identify your state senator and state representative. Contact them regarding child-related issues that are important to you.
- Attend a school board meeting. Wake County Board of Education information and calendar can be viewed here.
Support our PTA!
Shop at smile.amazon.com and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible purchases.