What Is Advocacy?
PTA is the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the United States. Founded over 100 years ago, PTA has a long, successful history of influencing federal policy to promote the education, health, and well-being of all children.
In the context of PTA, advocacy is supporting and speaking up for children - in schools, in communities, and before government bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
Ways HDE PTA Members Can Advocate:
- Get involved with the HDE PTA and share your voice.
- Stay informed and support the North Carolina PTA's advocacy priorities and advocacy efforts.
- Sign up for action alerts via the National PTA Takes Action Network.
- Identify your state senator and state representative. Contact them regarding child-related issues that are important to you.
- Attend a school board meeting. Wake County Board of Education information and calendar can be viewed here.
Help HDE turn markers into energy! Please support our efforts by placing any used markers in our drop-off box near the main entrance.
Support our PTA!
Shop at smile.amazon.com and the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible purchases.